
This picture reminds me of my first interview with my former employer,
CBRE. After I had accepted the job I was given a tour of the office by the HR lady. She says to me as we are walking on the brokerage floor, "Despite what you may see, we have a strict no alcohol policy in this office." That has been an ongoing joke between Wes and me for years. (We are easily amused.) Anyway, despite what you may see in this photo, Jake is quite fond of Boy Scouts. He digs the stuff they make and the things they learn and especially the fact that he gets to ride his bike to the scout leader's house. For all my gripes about scouting, they do a fine job with these boys.

Sophie was bored with the
FHE proceedings and entertained herself by creating a bridge and asking the boys to cross it. (I stopped them before her spine was snapped in two.) Doesn't she look tall? It's not my imagination. She is in the 96
th percentile for height, according to her doctor visit last month.

DB is on his very own basketball team and is a pretty darn good player. It's blurry, but check out that form. It's almost as if his Dad is a coach or something. We were so proud when he scored the first two points of his game on Saturday.

He looks cute and innocent, doesn't he? Well, he is but he sure doesn't like school much lately. For his birthday he managed to wrangle up eight sick days filled with Phineas and
Ferb episodes, Subway for lunch, and endless
DS play time. I started to notice that his aching belly miraculously got better the instant the chance of going to school had passed. Jake's not prone to drama or manipulative behavior, so I didn't want to believe he was faking it. His hunching over threatening to puke every morning started to worry me. We paid a visit to his pediatrician and I am happy to announce that he does not have Strep, Valley Fever, Mono, Diabetes,
UTI, or
Celiac Disease. I, however have several hundred dollars in medical bills set to arrive any day now. Our theory is that he just got out of the school routine, and the thought of being told when to eat and go to the bathroom, what to do, and how to act got less and less appealing as his time off increased. I can't say I blame him. His teacher and principal are fantastic, but let's be honest if I was told I had to go back to elementary school for the next ten years, I would be sick to my stomach too. For the understatement of the year, it has been rough getting him back in the saddle, but each day is getting a little better, I am happy to report.

An finally, for some inexplicable reason, our neighbor gave us a brand new telescope. The kids are fascinated and it will be a great teaching tool and unfortunately a good spying device. Close your blinds neighbors. You have been warned.
1 comment:
First- you are hilarious.
Second- I'm glad that the Scouts is not in my future.
Third- school used to make me sick as well. Even college, but that could have been due to lifestyle choices.
Post a Comment