Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Reunion

Every pregnant woman needs a pregnancy partner. A girlfriend who is also pregnant at the same time. Non pregnant people are generally disinterested in the plight of the pregnant, so you need someone who will understand and empathize with your ailments and share in your joys. Looking back at my first pregnancy, I was so excited that I invited throngs of people to my ultrasound to find out if Jake was a girl or boy. Nineteen people showed up. It's embarrassing and pretty foolish considering all the bad news you can get in an ultrasound, but what a priceless memory.

My dear friend Kristen was my pregnancy partner with Sophie. Our due dates were within a week, we had the same doctor, and we planned to deliver at the same hospital. Kristen and I have always seemed to be on the same schedule. We had our first dates with our future husbands the same week and we ended up delivering our third babies within hours of each other. It was so much fun to be able to walk across the hall and introduce our new bundles of joy to each other. Life marches on, and with ten years and a combined seven children between us, those carefree single roommate days are a distant memory. We don't see much of each other, but Christopher came to play this week. I couldn't resist taking a photo, you know just in case we need it for the wedding video.
Sophie and Christopher share a hospital bassinet hours after birth.

The betrothed today. Tell me they wouldn't make an adorable couple, and tell me who else would ever have a photo in their wedding video of the bride and groom together on the day they were born. Priceless.

1 comment:

ericksons said...

Aaaahhh. I'm sure they'll love (hate) you for this one day.

Miss you guys!