Sophie is going to be four soon, so the time for her to move to a big girl bed is long past. When she came to me last week explaining that none of her friends still had beds with "those lines on it," I knew it was time. We went bed shopping courtesy of generous Grandma Karla and ended up with a fabulous new trundle bed with three giant storage drawers underneath. It has double memory foam mattresses that can transform into an extremely comfortable king size bed. (Come one, come all house guests.) But for now Sophie has no interest in giving up her new bed. She knows she scored the best place in the house to sleep. She could not stop the "perma-grin" her first night in the new bed, and she loves to show her friends and remind the boys how cool it is.

It took us a couple days to assemble the bed, so it made for a fun camp out on the new mattresses in Sophie's room.


So I went to Jake's first court of honor this week. Imagine my surprise when Wes was "beaded" with his wood badge award. He "forgot" to mention it. It's probably best because during the ceremony the guy presenting the award explained all the time it took to accomplish this feat and I couldn't stop myself from doing math problems in my head about how much those hours cost us in lost income and vacation time. It's all good though, and I'm sure someday some other poor schmuck will do the same for my boys. Good job, Wes on your accomplishment and on that super sexy scout uniform.

I got a new (to us anyway) piece of furniture in my room recently. Unfortunately, this is how it looks most of the time. For some reason laundry is always the last thing I get to. Eventually the kids just come find their clothes here. At least they are clean, I rationalize to myself.

And in other news, we, I mean the Haws' got a new puppy who usually makes a daily appearance at our house. She's super cute and sweet, doesn't shed and my kids love her. I'm pretty sure it is not mutual, but we are having fun with her nonetheless. (Is it just me or are DB and Sophie starting to morph into each other?)
And finally, a shout out to my sister who ran the incredibly challenging Ragnar race this weekend. She ran what cumulatively amounts to almost a marathon, in a relay style race. She courageously finished this afternoon at Tempe Town Lake on little food and no sleep. I'm super proud of her and totally impressed with her endurance and persistence. She's tougher than I ever could be, and is my hero, for this and countless other reasons. I loved the text she sent me after completing the worst of it:
"Just ran 8 miles in the pitch dark alone on a dirt road through the desert. Take that 40!"
See why I love her?
1 comment:
And I love you my sister/hero for writing such a sweet, but undeserving blog about me :) What in the world would I do without you as my cheerleader? I pray I will never have to find out!
Hugs to the best little sister ever.
xoxo
Cheryl
Post a Comment