It was touch and go on whether he would be well enough to be in attendance at his own baptism, but he came through and it was a beautiful day for him and us. Jake amazes me with his maturity and his goodness. I'm admittedly biased, but he is a great kid, despite the headaches and heartburn he caused me this week.
Jake watches the font fill up, hoping for warm water.
The official pre-baptism picture. If anyone can pull off white jump suits, these two can.
Jake makes his way around the confirmation circle.
Grandma and Grandpa with Jake.
Jake and his proud family.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
It's Official, Jake's a Mormon.
Wow, it did not take long for me to be humbled from my last post which pontificated on my vast mothering knowledge. Within 24 hours of that post, I was presented with one my most mystifying mothering challenges so far. Jake stopped going to school. He's getting old enough that I feel like I need to protect his privacy and not give the play by play of his life, but let's just say it has brought me to my knees, reduced me to tears, and confounded me in way that I haven't been, well since he was two weeks old and wouldn't stop crying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations, Jake! We are sorry we couldn't be there for his big day, but I'm sure we can help him engage in plenty of sinning when we come to town so he can get really good at repentance.
Post a Comment