Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stepping It Up


Ever since I bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD, my gym membership has gone to waste. I love the workouts because they suit my ADD tendencies. Less than a half hour, but intense and effective. Sophie loves to join in. I even invested in some one pound (pink of course) weights for her to use during the work out. Watching her try to mimic the moves is hilarious. Sadly she inherited her mom's coordination- or the lack thereof. I laugh at her random jumps, but then I realize that I probably look just as ridiculous. This photo proves it.

Sophie and Wes had their annual date night at the church. Daddy Daughter Night is right up there with Halloween and Christmas on Sophie's list. It's mostly a casual event, but Sophie would not hear of wearing anything but her finest. With finest being defined as the most fancy princess costume she could find. They have several fun activities set up for the girls. One station had the daughter draw a picture of the dad. Her rendition doesn't look much like Wes, but it does bear a striking resemblance to a frog. (We are still working on the fine motor skills.)
Here are six of the many reasons my blog post frequency has dropped off lately. I've taken over one of Wes' schools and teach these little guys how to be Amazing Athletes on Friday mornings. It was supposed to be temporary, because the school had decided to do their own sports program, but I'm proud to say that we are still there and even gaining enrollment four months later. It is a challenging little group, and truth be told, I dreaded Friday mornings at first. But I am starting to get attached to these little guys and am having fun with it of late. I even ventured out and took two more of Wes' class this week so that he could go on the zoo field trip with DB. Believe me, I got the better deal. I went on the first grade field trip last year, and being on a school bus with 60 screaming six-year olds is not much fun.

DB and his classmate enjoy a gorgeous day at the zoo.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

I have "No More Trouble Zones" also by Jillian, and I am sore for days every time. She has definitely found her niche in life.