It was a good day for America, as far as diversity goes. So according to the media talking heads, America can finally move past the race issue. I shouldn't be so cynical, but I can't help but notice that progress only counts if it is progress from one of the media anointed ones. I'm convinced that if it had been Colin Powell, or Condi Rice, or Alan Keyes that became president - that it would not have been celebrated in the same way. It's not so much about race as it is about race coupled with the correct political agenda.
Putting aside politics, race, and religion for a safer topic- I celebrated my seventh anniversary of motherhood last week. Jake has brought me so much joy and continues to amaze me every single day since that cold January evening in 2002. His birthday is a good excuse to show off a couple of my favorite photos of Jake..

Jake (5) shows off his personalized Grasshopper's baseball uniform.
No comments:
Post a Comment