Friday, January 2, 2009

All I Want For New Years Is My One Front Tooth



I promise not to chronicle every single tooth Jake loses on this blog, but I just had to show the side by side comparison after losing his front tooth. What is it that makes a person's front tooth so critically important to appearance? I feel as if poor Jake instantly lost 20 IQ points.
Several years before we met, Wes got his front tooth knocked out by an errant elbow in a basketball game. He got it replaced and it was pretty much a non issue until one day about a year into our marriage he shows up at the breakfast table with his tooth missing. I about choked on my Wheaties. I seriously was frightened at how drastically different he looked. And I don't mean different good. This very well could have been a deal breaker had this occurred prior to me signing that marriage license.
Anyway, I hope Jake remembers how to get home from the bus stop when he goes back to school on Monday. If not I will very slowly go over it again for him.

No comments: