
Until last week, the only thing I knew about Chia was that if grown on the head of a clay Scooby Doo , it was the best Christmas present Walgreen's had to offer. Turns out this power food is pretty good for you. Cheryl, Becca, and I tried it over the holidays and it made me feel good enough that I bought some of my own. (Sprout's, $17.99) I am always cautious to not fall into the trap of confusing correlation with causation but after my trial period of three days, I am convinced this stuff is worth every penny. You put a scoop of Chia seeds in water, stir for a minute then let it sit for five before chugging it. I turns to a nasty tapioca pudding consistency, but it doesn't taste bad. It is rich in protein, fiber, and Omega-3. It is filling, stabilizes my blood sugar, gives me energy, and just generally makes me feel good . So that's my plug. I am anxious to see if others have the same experience or if it's all in my head...Penny for your thoughts, my three loyal blog readers... And thanks to Cheryl for introducing me to this power food!
2 comments:
I'm going to have to give it a serious try- are you getting past the texture? Hopefully I can find them around here.
Hey there! I stole your blog address off of Erin's! So neat to read a little and see what you guys are up to! I miss you!
Post a Comment