Monday, January 26, 2009

Kid Friendly Salsa

I love a good salsa, but have yet to find a canned one that didn't taste like vinegar. I've been experimenting with various versions of my homemade salsa lately. Last week I discovered the mix that isn't too spicy for my kids, but has enough kick to make it not taste like tomato soup. I've made this three times this past week. Poor Dylan has no idea how many vegetables he has been consuming. His body must be in shock.

So here it is:

1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 4 ounce can of green chilies
handful of chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp onion powder (because I don't like real onions)
1 tsp chili powder
1 pinch of cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicier)
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix in blender and use Nana's chips for best results.

Try it out for your Superbowl party. Go Cards!

No comments: