Saturday, December 20, 2008
Tear Free? Not So Much.
I confess to using Suave hair products, from time to time. OK, almost exclusively. They are a fraction of the cost of other brands and are pretty good quality. I am sure I would lose an argument with a cosmetologist type, but due to my ignorance on the topic, I can't tell the difference, so that's that. I buy the kids shampoo in a variety of scents, to mix it up. So I bought Suave Watermelon Kid's 2 in 1 shampoo. It boldly has "Opthalmologist tested, tear free" on the bottle. We have also tried blueberry, strawberry, coconut, and mango. All were harmless, unless you count the stench of the mango one. So I pull out the Watermelon scent in Sophie's bath this morning and lathered her up. I even gave her a wash cloth to put over her eyes, had her lean her head back and close her eyes. Even with those precautions, she began to scream a murderous scream. She was writhing in pain for a good 10-15 minutes and had red swollen eyes after the ordeal. So beware frugal mommies, skip the Suave Watermelon. I'm not the litigious type, but Suave will be hearing from me on this to protect other unsuspecting toddlers. Maybe I will get a year supply of Suave products as a thanks for not suing. (Retail value: 12 bucks.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment