I'm not so proud to announce that Sophie has officially mastered the art of the white lie. It shouldn't be amusing when your kids lie, but I admit Wes and I struggled to not giggle at this. Sophie predictably chose one of her Dora Books for her bedtime story. When we got to Page 3, there was scribbling all over it. Wes gently told Sophie that it was not nice to our books to color on them. She convincingly denied the accusation and insisted that "DB did it!" I chimed in by asking what DB would say if we asked if he did it. Enthusiastically she replied,"Thank you!"
Sensing a teaching opportunity, we called DB in and asked him if he did it, which he adamantly denied. Realizing she was caught, Sophie fessed up, but only in the same sentence that she ridiculed us for making such a big deal of it-"I did it, but just get a wash cloth and wash it off." So that's that. No more lying for her. Lesson learned. That's how parenting works, right?
Good news item of the day: Jake's second tooth fell out, finally, ensuring that we wouldn't have to dive into Christmas funds for it's forcible removal. Time will tell if I have saved a penny to spend a dollar, by letting the tooth stay there so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment