I took Sophie in for her 2-year check up. She was a little reluctant to participate in the physical challenges like walking on her tippy toes and jumping. I know she can do these tasks, so I resorted to using Dora the Explorer references to get her to do it. For example I urged her to "catch the stars!" for jumping. It worked and she passed with flying colors. Of note is that Sophie continues her trend of being in the 95th percentile for height. She apparently drew from the same genetic pool as her cousin Kiki. If those height predictor web sites are to be trusted at all, Sophie will soon outgrow me and her two brothers. It calculated that she will grow to be 5'11". Time will tell...
Also this week, Wes and the kids and I went on a field trip to the County Animal Shelter. This is where all the stray, abandoned, and homeless dogs go. They have over 400 kennels of dogs starring at you with these pathetic little eyes, just begging you to rescue them. It's no secret how it ends for most of these pups. My kids ask for a dog daily, so this was a very dangerous move to take them here. I mostly don't want a dog. It would have to be the absolutely perfect fit for me to take on a new family pet. By perfect I mean little, minimal shedding, sweet and playful yet protective, willing to tolerate endless torment from three small children, no barking, doesn't beg for table scraps, and willing to lick the floor clean. There were a few pups that were hard not to be drawn to, but we did not find a perfect match on this visit. Wes claims that the right dog will choose us, not the other way around. What dog in their right mind would choose us? This could be a long wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Want Powder? She has none of your listed qualifications, but she is apathetic, sheds a lot, eats even more, and has OCD. On the plus side, she probably won't live much longer.
Post a Comment