Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recession Proof Halloween

Super spooky!

I made chicken enchiladas for dinner. DB has some pretty stringent food rules. He does not like anything that does not have a first ingredient of high fructose corn syrup, has the slightest hint of spiciness, or if it is or was derived from a fruit or vegetable. So, the enchiladas were immediately ruled out on the basis of vegetables present and spiciness- despite the blandest possible preparation. So a plain tortilla for dinner it was. The bad news is that he ate a crappy dinner, but the good news is that we stumbled across the perfect Halloween mask, which after this week's stock market crash is pretty much all we can afford.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I'm with you- even a toilet paper mummy seems out of reach.

Cheryl said...

I hear ya sisters. Lauren asked if she could use a sheet and cut holes in it and I gave her a long lecture about the economy and how expensive and wasteful that would be!
Poor kids :(