Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 08

It's 8:41 on Halloween night and I'm calling it for this year. The kids have come down from their sugar induced highs and all is quiet again in the Whittaker household. I have to think that we are at the peak of Halloween fun for our family, with Jake still being young enough to love it, Sophie old enough to get it, and Wes and I wise enough to cherish it. We could not ask for a better neighborhood to spend Halloween night in. It is so legendary for it's delicious chili dinner (Thanks Baird Family!) and friendly trick or treating, that we draw families from miles away. We probably had over 100 kids stop by. Here are the highlights...

Sophie's super spooky spectacles.Princess Sophie shows off her stunning dress. I tried to persuade her to wear shoes better suited for trick or treating, but she would not hear of it. I am happy to report that she gracefully negotiated the curbs and asphalt, balancing her heavy bag of candy in the dark. She did not trip in her high heels once, just as she promised.Green skeleton man, Princess Aurora, and a young Jedi Knight. (Thanks Walmart $12.88 rack.)Imagine our surprise of running into John McCain and Sarah Palin at the neighborhood party. John was serious about wooing the voters and Sarah was dead ringer. She seriously could go to campaign events as a body double for Sarah.

(Wes and I dressed up as tired, middle-aged parents.)


And finally, The Haul. I figure it is at least ten pounds of candy. Sadly for the boys, they spend over 7 hours a day at school with the candy at my sole mercy. I figure it is a noble cause to protect their young teeth. Always the martyr, I am.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

It looks like a fun time! Sophie must be a very good at the high heels to not trip a single time. Every now and again, I still trip up in my Sunday shoes.

I'm glad it was a good holiday for you. Now the countdown to Christmas begins.