If Dylan was any older than five I for sure wouldn't share this conversation, but I have justified it because he still can't read, and is only vaguely aware that I publish the details of his life for anyone in the free world to view. He and Jake know I have a "glob" but aren't really sure what that means aside from noticing their picture on the computer every so often. Anyway, I was chatting with DB while he was bathing last night when he mentioned that there was a girl in his class who hates him. Of course my Mama Bear radar starts going crazy and I start to ask about it. The conversation went as follows:
Me: Nobody could hate you Deebs.
DB: Well she does.
Me: How do you know?
DB Because she said “I hate you.”
Me: Why would she say that? Did you say or do something she didn’t like?
DB: No, I just told her that I love her.
Me: Why did you tell her that?
DB: Because I do love her.
Me: Why do you love her?
DB: Well, sometimes she is pretty.
Poor Deebs is having to learn rejection at such a young age. It really is too bad that you can't just say what you think and mean what you say without paying the price. Hang in there DB, someday that rude little girl will see what she missed out on! Maybe next time don't come on quite so strong though:) I am proud of him for putting himself out there. The shy little guy surprises me sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your last few posts. Poor DB. Someday that girl will come around, but by then he will have discovered "cooties." As for Palin, I'm intrigued and a little afraid. I can't wait to see what the upcoming months bring!
Post a Comment