Sophie apparently has been taking in some of this political chess game, as she delivered some pretty good zingers today. Every once in awhile when I need Sophie to come to me and I am too lazy to go get her (like when she has run away mid-diaper change) I will cup my hand and look into it and say how cute and tiny the thing in my hand is, so that she will be lured back to see what fabulous item I have. This is a trick Cheryl, the veteran mom taught me and it is effective most of the time- if used sparingly. I haven't done this for several months because Sophie is getting too smart for it. So today as I was putting her in bed for nap time (always a dog fight) she starts saying, "Yook, how little and cute!" as she cups her hand. I fell for it hook, line and sinker as I walked back to her bed to investigate what had made it's way to her bed. I did not think for a second that she would be sophisticated enough to pull off that trick yet. She was so pleased with herself that her diabolical plan had succeeded. As soon as I got close, she says "You get me out, I NOT go to bed!" Then she laughed and laughed. So did I. I'm being outwitted by a two year old. I fear her teenage years.
Later on as I was rocking her she looked up and said, "Mommy, you have BIG nose - HONK!" After loudly honking my nose, she went on to explain that Sophie have little nose, but Mommy have BIG nose. Thanks sweetheart. Perhaps you have a future in politics. 
Sophie's shows off her newly discovered "bracelets". She won't leave the house with at least one of them on. Anyone who knows me even a little knows she didn't get this from watching me.
3 comments:
She is becoming way too smart!
Grandpa Jack said to Kate, "My hand can cover your whole face," and Kate replied, "My two hands only cover your nose!" Others know your pain, honk honk.
I feel your pain sis. "Nose" was Lauren's first word and Lani "honks" my nose anytime I try to talk to someone. She thinks it's hilarious and I can't argue with her. Who could resist such an easy target?
Post a Comment