Jake and Dylan made it through their first day of school. They woke up at the crack of dawn, after both sleeping on our bedroom floor for the night. I am guessing they had a some anxiety about the first day of school, because they don't usually end up there. I had to abruptly leave DB because I was starting to tear up. So weird, I didn't so much have that reaction with Jake. I guess Jake seemed so much more ready. It is funny how every once in awhile you can have flashbacks to your childhood as you are raising you kids. I was four standing on the playground by myself on the first day of school for a few seconds today. It is more painful the second time around. He had a great first day though, and despite total exhaustion, seemed unscathed by the seven hour day. Judging by the scant amount of detail I got from him, you would have thought it was a seven minute day. I guess if he was too traumatized by anything that he would have mentioned it. So far as I can tell, Star Wars Legos were the highlight and music class the low point. When pressed on why he didn't care for the music class, I got simply that they made him touch his knees and stuff. "It was dumb, but all the other kids loooovvvveeed it." Go figure as to why that offended him so.
Jake was won over by the counting, sorting, and eating of gummy bears. Who wouldn't be, really.
Sophie was eased into her only child status by having a friend over for the day. She cried more than anyone when we left DB on the playground. It would make for a sweet story if it was because she was so attached to her brothers, but the reality is probably that she wanted to go down the slide one more time.
1 comment:
Awww, they are so cute!
Post a Comment