Personally, I believe that redheads have a tendency to bleed more than others, but since there aren't any double blind, generously funded studies from an Ivy League school, my Doc wouldn't lend me any credibility when I asked the question. However I did find a site online where nurses chat and share stories and information. Over and over again this phenomenon of the correlation between redheads and bleeding came up. It seemed to be common knowledge that you prepare differently when a red head is going under the knife with more gauze, extra pints of blood, etc. Everyone knows that the Internet don't lie, so it must be true.
Jake has a bottomless pit for a stomach lately, and he is noticeably growing. Wes sized it up pretty good on Sunday when he asked why Jake's church pants look like they belong to an 80s rock star.
Dylan FINALLY lost his first tooth. He is a little behind the curve on timing, but very much ahead of the curve on suspicion of the reality of the tooth fairy. Do most kids question it before they even get their first payout? When they have a big brother and a older cousin they hang out with during all waking hours, the answer is yes. You can't see this in the picture, but we also discovered this week that he has three cavities. Learn from my mistakes, do yourself a favor, and throw the apple juice "babas" away before you have to pay the price.
Sophie got a mini room makeover this afternoon. I'm on a decluttering kick lately, so we got rid of a desk we weren't using and shuffled a few toys around. She was so excited to discover her dress up box that she couldn't control herself and put just one outfit on. She had to wear them all, at the same time.
4 comments:
Interesting about the redheads and the bleeding- I had no idea.
When are you coming to visit? Kate asks EVERY DAY. You personally are making my kid sad. Think about it, then pack your bags for a guilt trip.
Odd, I wore that same outfit to church the other day. She looks better in it, though.
I have a red headed friend who says that there have been scientific studies done that show that red heads dont respond to anasthesia the same as others. They metabolize it faster or something so they need more to be put out. She sites sources etc. I'll have to ask her for the details. Also she said that the red head gene is so recessive that they project red headed-ness to be totally gone by 2060. They say the problem is that the red heads don't marry each other and dilute the recessive gene. weird huh? I thought of sophie when she told me all of this.
I agree about that red head thing... being a red head myself, i know it takes a lot more "stuff" for me to feel pain relief... caffeine doesn't affect me the same as other people and i don't want to comment about other "stuff" and how it affects me... yikes.
Post a Comment