Friday, June 5, 2009

Random Post

As you know from my last post, I took on another household this week and as a result have been a little frazzled. I also lost Wes to Scout Camp and my parents and Cheryl to vacation. Circumstances have not allowed me to talk to any of these people I talk to most. I didn't realize how much I rely on them to get through the day. To make matters worse, my phone and internet mysteriously went down. I haven't had two seconds to pick up a newspaper and the TV's in Cheryl's house are set to record The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb, and ICarly pretty much 24 hours a day. It's a strange zone to be in, almost as if the outside world has ceased to exist. I had to call Becca just to make sure it hadn't, and she reassured me the there still was life on the outside.

There have been some comic relief moments that have kept me going. This morning Jake and Dylan were enjoying their daily after breakfast swim (I had no idea how much I was missing by not having a pool). Jake came running to me in a panic and screamed that a a miniature man had just been sucked up by the pool pump. Dylan quickly interrupted and reassured me that I should not worry because he wasn't a real miniature man. What a relief! I thought a midget had infiltrated the pool barrier and had inadvertently been sucked into the cleaning system.

And the girl fights I have witnessed this week have been of pay per view quality for sure-some serious WWE style smack downs. Not to worry, as no one was injured. Sophie and Lani truly love each other, but when the pendulum swings, it gets downright nasty in a hurry. They don't really want to see each other injured but love the whole dramatic effects of their fight which is why it is so reminiscent of pro-wrestling. And for good reasons, such as who gets the red baba, who is first up the stairs, and who gets to be the mom when playing house. Who can blame them for the discontent? These are serious issues to be resolved. As bad as the fighting is, the getting along is almost more costly. Like the belly laughing I heard a few minutes ago, only to find them covered in big globs of sunscreen. That would be great if it wasn't bedtime.

And finally in a barely blogable moment of fatigue, I have to share my embarrassing comment of the week. I was able to sneak away to the gym while the boys were at school and Lauren was babysitting the napping girls. I ran into the husband of a former neighbor and good friends that we have lost contact with since our move. I haven't talked to them in over a year and over the course of catching up he announced that after three daughters, his wife was expecting their first boy in a few weeks. And what do I say? Wow, you worked long and hard for that little guy. Really, Christy? You couldn't just stop at "Congratulations". You had to say "long and hard". No one can accuse me of not being my mother's daughter.

3 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

One more day. You can do it.

Staci Kramer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...

What can I say? What you did for us goes above and beyond your sisterly duties. I will never be able to sufficiently thank you! By day three you were probably wishing the outside world HAD come to an end!!! We had the time of our lives and fully intend to give you the same experience when you are ready!
Lots of love and apologies,
Cheryl and Christopher