Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bug's Life

Dylan LOVES animals, bugs, and pretty much all things living. He is the only one who can catch our gerbil Sandy when we are cleaning her cage. I don't know if it because his reflexes are 30 years younger than mine or if he just has a gift. So naturally he loves to search for bugs, especially those little black beetles. Lately it seems he finds them wherever we go: the public pool, our backyard, the park. Turns out they are everywhere and it also turns out he is convinced that he keeps finding the same beetle that is following him everywhere, since he always gently releases it back into the wild. (PETA would be so proud.) OK so maybe it's time to get a dog. I'm feeling bad now.

Sophie's has prayed for the same thing every night for months- that she can play with her friend Lindsey tomorrow. We have encouraged her to maybe start to include some things she might be thankful for or some other things she might need. So she now prays that Heidi (Lindsey's sister) will invite her over so that she can play with her friend Lindsey. When urged to think of something else she prayed that Lindsey's Mom would need her to come over and play with Lindsey. Just as I was about to give up, she prayed that all the junk she ate today could get out of her body. Perhaps she is a little constipated, but at least she is thinking outside the box.

I'm praying that the swimming lessons that start on Monday will actually get her swimming. She and Lani are in a two week "fast track" program at Aqua Tots. It is very entertaining to watch those two.

Today was the last day of Session One of Boredom Busters for the boys. I began to panic at the thought of nothing for them to do all day and quickly snatched the last spots left and enrolled them in Session Two. I was off the phone no more than 30 seconds before DB announced that he was glad this was the last day of Boredom Busters. Awesome, could've used that info one minute earlier.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

I have a boredom buster: Come here. Just give me 10 days to get my house put back together so you have somewhere to sleep. Of course, that drive is the antithesis of a boredom buster, but it will be worth it. Then your kids will be a boredom buster for mine.