Lauren's hilarious (and remarkably accurate) artistic rendition of this post.So it's Day Three of my adventures as mom of five and Day One of being a single Mom. I am finally having a chance to start to make a dent in the babysitting debt that I owe Cheryl. Although I can hardly think that it is a fair exchange getting 14 year old Lauren and little Lani who sleeps 16 hours a day for my three rambunctious children under the age of 8. And before anyone thinks Wes and I called it quits, don't worry - he is just on a scout camp out for the week.
So it is busy but fun. I've had to break up a few altercations between Lani and Sophie and the decision to give the girls popcorn in Target was ill advised, but all in all it hasn't been too bad. The nearly five hours of "Boredom Busters" every afternoon for the boys, lengthy naps for the girls, and Lauren's willingness to babysit have gone a long way in saving my sanity.
Tiffany was brave enough and kind enough to think to invite us along for James' birthday dinner. This would have been disastrous in a regular restaurant, but she was wise enough to plan it at an outdoor venue. The kids had a blast running laps around the picnic tables and having unsupervised and unlimited trips to the soda fountain. The caffeine seems to have finally worn off and all is calm again. It's hard to believe that my little Jimmy is 26. Poor Tiffany had to buy two boxes of candles to have enough! It seems like yesterday that he was a little toddler running around. In some ways I feel like he is my real first born and look how good he turned out. Maybe there is hope for my actual offspring after all. I got some great pictures but I have no clue how to post on Cheryl's Mac so you'll have to check Tiffany's blog for a visual of the festivities. Happy Birthday, James!
So it is busy but fun. I've had to break up a few altercations between Lani and Sophie and the decision to give the girls popcorn in Target was ill advised, but all in all it hasn't been too bad. The nearly five hours of "Boredom Busters" every afternoon for the boys, lengthy naps for the girls, and Lauren's willingness to babysit have gone a long way in saving my sanity.
Tiffany was brave enough and kind enough to think to invite us along for James' birthday dinner. This would have been disastrous in a regular restaurant, but she was wise enough to plan it at an outdoor venue. The kids had a blast running laps around the picnic tables and having unsupervised and unlimited trips to the soda fountain. The caffeine seems to have finally worn off and all is calm again. It's hard to believe that my little Jimmy is 26. Poor Tiffany had to buy two boxes of candles to have enough! It seems like yesterday that he was a little toddler running around. In some ways I feel like he is my real first born and look how good he turned out. Maybe there is hope for my actual offspring after all. I got some great pictures but I have no clue how to post on Cheryl's Mac so you'll have to check Tiffany's blog for a visual of the festivities. Happy Birthday, James!
1 comment:
thanks for coming to James birthday! I think you did a really good raising him :)
Post a Comment