So my whole point in bringing this up is that I am happy to announce that finally last night I heard the first good reason all summer for an argument. We had a fun-filled day of swimming and resort fun and the kids where hungry and exhausted by the time we got back in the car to head home for the night. We picked up some take-out Chinese food and divided it up for the kids to eat on the way home. Jake has an enormous appetite lately and Dylan has eliminated all but about three foods now that he will eat. It is usually a pretty symbiotic relationship, because there is always ample seconds for Jake after DB has picked all the parts of his meal he doesn't like. So the following played out in the car last night: Jake scarfed down his portion and was still hungry. DB had rejected most of his meal so he willingly handed over his leftovers before I had a chance to see what he didn't eat. I was so impressed with the kind act for a few blissful seconds, then I heard the old familiar shriek from Jake, "DB!!! Did you chew up this chicken and spit it back out?!?!!?" It was dark in the car, he was going completely on trust. I rule in favor of Jake and sentence DB to an apology and going to bed hungry and one dollar for pain and suffering. Where's my gavel?
Wes and Sophie enjoy a ride down the "Lazy River" at the Pointe Squaw Peak Water Park. (Thanks Grandma Karla and Kacee for the invite!)
The pool had some excellent dancing music and Sophie was feeling the beat as she shows off some off her awesome dance moves at the pool.
1 comment:
I, too, get so tired of bickering. The only response that I can muster lately is, "I don't care who started it, I don't care who did what. You both can go to time out." Even when I hear laughter I check my watch knowing it won't last long.
Post a Comment