Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Visiting Teaching Modernization

There's two days left in April which means the visiting teaching flurry has begun. I did mine on Monday and had my visit today. It is also on my mind since I have had a training seminar and a planning meeting on the topic in the last week as well. It has got me to thinking about ways visiting teaching could cast a wider net to include the upcoming generation, because it has been my experience that Generation Y is disinterested in the concept, if not bothered even. So I think we need to revise the old standards which in case you were wondering are: a home visit at least quarterly and a letter or call monthly at a minimum. I propose adding the following to the list of acceptable monthly contacts: made a flattering comment on their blog, texted them an encouraging message-"UR awesome, read your scrips!" for example, pay pal them enough to buy themselves a nice treat, or post this month's message on their facebook wall. Let's not fool ourselves, in the absence of these changes, we will never catch the 100 percent goal.

Also could we please start direct depositing and or auto drafting tithing? I could finally throw away my check book since this is the last hold out use I have for it. That is all.

3 comments:

Tiffany Hatch said...

and that is why once again i did not do my vistiting teaching. I nomintate you for General relief society president.

ericksons said...

This is EXACTLY why you are my favorite! You should rule the world.

When you take over, could you please add my big pet-peeve to your list of things to fix? I seem to be assigned the most fertile members of the ward to VT. Therefore, I tend to have expensive routes - what with the obligatory delivered dinner, card & baby outfit.

Thank you in advance.

Christy said...

I don't normally comment on my own blog, but I would just like to point out that if Mandy and Tiffany were in my ward, they would be done with VT for the month. Good job ladies!