Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lost in Translation

Dylan came home from school totally disturbed by something one of his classmates told him. His Kindergarten Play is coming up next week, so the kids have been practicing a lot. One of the kids told Dylan that if he acted nervous during the play that Mrs. M is going to take a picture of EVERYBODY in their underwear.

I am sure what Mrs. M actually told the kids was "to picture the audience in their underwear" . I am extending the same courtesy to Mrs. M that I hope she extends to me, that I promise not to believe everything my five year old says if she does the same..

**********************************************************************************

I celebrated the last cool day of spring today by hiking to the top of Squaw Peak. That mountain always brings back floods of childhood memories (which is why I can't call it Piestewa.). The hike is always therapeutic especially when it is a picture perfect day with a heavenly breeze and a clear view of the whole valley. I soaked in as much as I could because it is going to have to last me at least five months. I hike around the area often, but it has been years since I made it to the top of the mountain. I guess I needed to prove to myself that this middle-aged body still can make it, although tonight my knees beg to differ. Thanks to Mom and Dad for looking after the little ones, while I took my mini-vacay..

No comments: