Sunday, April 5, 2009

Open Apology to All Suns Fans

I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure I know why the Suns last playoff hopes went up in smoke this afternoon. How else can you explain how the same team can win by 30 one day, then lose by 30 the next? (In our defense, we did have the audio set to BYUTV. I'm not sure that makes it any better, but at least there is hope of possibly getting half the blessings of watching conference.)

So I solved that mystery. I do not, however, have an answer for this one...

Here is one of the two socks that were issued as part of the boys' Little League uniform this season. It is bright purple and literally extends all the way to DB's underwear. I am accustomed to losing the kids' normal socks. It happens in almost every load, but THIS sock? It was lost before they even played their first game. What the heck?
*************************************************************************************

The best part about Conference weekend: Sophie's hair can look like this all day long and no one will judge me.






*************************************************************************************

And finally, how bad is this economy? I'll tell you. Even the Urgent Care Doctors are up selling me. I reluctantly took Jake to Urgent Care to get his finger stitched up as you know from my last post. Now I'm sure that the doctors at those places are smarter than I could ever hope to be, but I can't help but notice that they don't tend to be the cream of the crop, as doctors go anyway-especially in the bedside manner department. So this guy heartlessly injects Jake twice with the anesthetic in his tiny finger and barely waits a minute before getting busy with the business of stitching. I suggested that maybe we wait just a moment longer, just to be sure it is numb since Jake was still screaming from the injection. Really in my mind I was thinking that this guy is going to need stitches after I punch him if he starts before it is numb. So anyway after he is all stitched up, he explains to me in what I presume to be English that I would need to come back there in 48 hours for a "wound check" and it is better if I come there and not my regular doctor. Whatever dude. Here is my "wound check"... Doesn't it look OK to you? I'm not even sure I can't cut these stitches out myself in 10 days, since my insurance pretty much covers nothing to the tune of $500 bucks a month.

2 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

last time we were at Urgent Care, I was asking the doctor why she worked there instead of a hospital or private practice Etc. She said that Urgent Care Docs get paid the most by FAR. Also its super easy shift work. So she works three 13 hour days a week, doesn't have to ever deal with business or accounting, and takes home more than TWICE as much as any other non-specialized MD. Crazy huh? This particular dr. was very good but I have had so many Urgent Care doctors who are idiots. Well paid idiots, though.

Tiffany Hatch said...

Did you go to the urgent care on Power? if so then you probably had the doctor that just got off from his side job at Big O Tire (at least he looked like it). I told him i thought i had namonia and he did not even care to give me a chest Xray. Gave me an RX for an antibiotic and charged me 350 after insurance.