Sophie's coloring is somewhat unusual and as a result tends to attract attention when we are out. It's pretty predictable.."look at that red hair" or "she has such pretty coloring". There was one lady who informed me that in England they do NOT like red heads. OK lady, thanks for sharing. Good thing we are at the grocery store so I can rush over to the hair dye isle before my daughter's hair offends any Brits.
Anyway, I digress. Sophie, like most kids her age, doesn't particularly like strangers talking to her and pretty much universally rebuffs them, especially the ones who touch her hair. I can't say I blame her and I do my best to smooth it over as she is hiding behind me. But I think I got to the crux of the issue the other day after one of these comments when Sophie informed me that her hair was not red. Two-year-olds are literal and I am pretty sure that when she thinks of red hair, she is thinking of this:

So on behalf of Sophie, I am proclaiming to the world that Sophie's hair is NOT RED!
In little league news, DB had an awesome base hit, followed by a home run by Jake tonight. I happen to catch it on film, so I thought I would share. Good job, Bats!
3 comments:
I know that these hair opinionators are the same jerks who rub the pregnant bellies of women they don't know and ask 23 year old girls why they aren't married yet.
You tell Sophie to respond by saying, "I'll tell you about my hair if you tell me why your butt is so big."
Sounds like your girl knows how to spot crap & call it crap. I wouldn't have it any other way. Genius, if you ask me.
I sure love my Whittakers! I'm glad I finally had time to catch up on the blog...since you didn't have time to tell me any of this!
xoxo
Post a Comment