We did manage to pawn Sophie off on Grandma and Grandpa last night so that we could take the boys to the ASU football game. Ironically the boys were spent a half hour into the game, but Sophie stayed up until 10:30 partying at the Hatches. I think we chose the wrong kids to take. Anyway the Devils played terrible and once the boys got Sparky to sign their football and their $5.00 lemonades, they pretty much lost interest in the whole affair and were ready to go home. It is unfortunate for them that their parents are too cheap to pay for parking at these sporting events, so getting to the stadium usually means a minimum of a mile long walk. That is a lot of steps for someone three feet tall, thus the fatigue before the game actually begins.
We met up with Mom and Dad at their ward to pick up Sophie this morning. It is the ward I grew up in, so it was fun to see some familiar faces. I wouldn't even bring this up though except for the fact that something happen that I have been waiting 27 long months for! A lady who has known my family forever was seated behind us for the meeting. Afterwards she approached me and said, "I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you!" Huh? Just for the record the tally of comments is as follows:
"Sophie is a clone of Wes." (or some variation thereof): 12,452
"Your daughter looks just like you.": 1
Ha! I am on the board...finally!
You be the judge....
No comments:
Post a Comment