We have this strange phenomenon in the Hatch family, wherein Dad, Mom, and Brett all have the same birthday. This didn't seem strange growing up because that is just the way it was, but when I took Statistics in College, it got me to thinking what the odds are of this occurring in a family. Unfortunately, I barely passed statistics because I am not smart enough to figure that number out. But if anyone is better at math than me, I would sure like to know.
So July 23 is that lucky day. But even with three of them sharing one day, if you put a calendar of July on the wall and threw a dart at it, the chances are pretty good that you will still hit a birthday in our family. In fact, between my family and Wes' immediate family and spouses and kids, there are eight birthdays in July. All of these birthdays are for people close enough to, at the very minimum, acknowledge them, if not provide a gift and celebration. I love them all, but I am out of money and buzzing from cake frosting by the time August mercifully hits.
Anyway, we had a fun day. Most of the family got together for a lunchtime barbecue at the Hatches. We are all pretty broke right now, so the presents were not what the folks deserve, but lucky for us, they don't care about that. Well, maybe Dad does. Just kidding, Dad.. Here are some photos of the fun. Happy Birthday, all!
A challenging game of Twister at the big party. You crack me up, Jimmy.
(hee, hee, Sorry I couldn't resist!)
1 comment:
We are so bummed we missed out! I hope your dessert turned out good, and I also hope you have money again by the time our birthdays come in September.
Post a Comment