
Well, Wood Badge weekend mercifully came to an end just in time for Mother's Day. Those folks at Boy Scouts do have a heart! Actually, I told Wes that he should leave town more often due to the sympathy I get from my fabulous family. Both Karla and Paul and Ruth took shifts watching the kids while I did my part to get this economy moving again. Thanks Dad and Moms!
I got the best Mother's Day present of all this year. After being informed a few weeks ago that Jake was..and this is a direct quote, "the ringleader of the wildest class in primary", he was unofficially awarded the most reverent designation on Sunday. Before I had kids, I was quick to blame the parents of kids with that description. I am much less judgemental these days. Motherhood has humbled me. I actually wouldn't change Jake's leadership qualities and his spirited nature. It will come in handy later in life- not so much during three hours of church though.
There have been no recent photo posts because Sophie's milk "baba" leaked right into my camera last week. Even if it makes a miraculous recovery, somehow I don't think it will ever smell the same. We did manage to get a professional family photo for Mother's Day. We were optimistic at first of getting that perfect pose with adorable smiles. Our expectations were quickly lowered, and our new goal became to just take it as soon as no one was crying.
Sophie's potty training update: She has decided it is much easier to just stand and pee at the potty like she sees the boys do. She bows her back and just goes. I find puddles by the toilet, not so much in it. I am not sure if this is considered progress or not.
1 comment:
I think the picture is cute! I'm glad Wes made it home safely. I can't wait for my turn for Ruth's Babysitting Service!
Post a Comment