Thursday, May 13, 2010

Father, Sons, and The Campout

Tis the season for Father and sons outings. I explicitly trust Wes with the kids, but must admit that I rest easier now that the boys are past the stage where they would toddle into the campfire while all the Dads are chatting up the Suns and politics and their wives, assuming that everyone else is looking after their boy. I got invited to a birthday party for one of Sophie's friends the morning that Wes was getting ready to leave for the campout. I told her that would be great because Wes was getting ready to take the boys camping. She seemed shocked that I didn't need to oversee the process. I'm lucky in that Wes is the one who dots the i and crosses the t's around here. He may not have an Eagle Scout plaque, but there is no one I would rather be with in an emergency situation. I married MacGyver (not to be confused with "MacGruber") and it has come in handy more than once in our eleven years together. (Happy anniversary Wes!)

Jake wasn't sure if he wanted to go camping, but was easily lured by caffeinated soda. Dylan loved it and immediately found himself waist deep in the stream nearby.
I don't even want to know what is in that water.

Jake also had his second grade patriotic program this week. He does not enjoy singing unless it is Aerosmith during Guitar Hero. He was a good sport and at least made it look like he was singing. He could have been more expressive in the sign language portion of the performance, but in his defense he did have both the girls next to him nearly smacking him in the face with their exaggerated gestures, so it left little room. It was fun, short and well done. My super talented friend Kimberly put together and played the medley of songs, which guarantees a good show.

And finally, I have some great news-Dylan's warts are starting to go away! They are noticeably shrinking and have stopped spreading for sure. I am cautiously optimistic that this new cream is going to resolve this problem and that we are going to be able to avoid the dreaded (not to mention expensive) sedation/laser therapy. Thanks to everyone for their love, concern, and prayers for DB!

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

Let's be real: It's your mom who is praying those warts away.

As soon as she is done there, I'm going to start her on my stomach fat.

Cheryl said...

Just for the record...I provided the cream and prayed for DB!
I am so happy for our little buddy!
xoxxo