
Dylan constantly surprises me to the point where I really ought to stop being surprised. He seems apathetic and easy going but the second you challenge him, it's on. I think I mentioned in a previous post about the time at the park when I challenged him to a jumping contest. He proceeded to "box jump" with both feet flat on the ground on to a park bench sixty times. I've also seen him take down neighbor kids twice his size with a penchant for taunting in a football game.
So school is winding down and DB's class invited the parents in to show off all they have done this year. It turns out he has authored and illustrated five books. His school received a writing grant that allowed them to make a real book out of one of them. His showcase piece that was printed was entitled "Fish Are Fun". It is very informative, full of detailed illustrations and interesting facts. I was beaming with pride as he presented it to the class---until he got to the very last line of the very last page.
All About The Author Page. (Sure wish I had known that his hair would be immortalized forever in a book before he left for school that morning.)He apparently thinks I lounge around all day. Never mind that I run the house, cook three meals per day, teach classes, spend hours volunteering at his school, contribute heavily to the book keeping part of our business, just renewed my real estate license, have frequent church responsibilities, and in addition to a demanding three year old always seem to have extra kids floating around that I didn't birth. It's cool. It could have been worse. One student wrote in her book that her teacher was her very favorite person in the whole wide world, as her mom looked on. They are cute little ingrates!
1 comment:
"no work" Stated like you are a day laborer in the Home Depot parking lot or a homeless person holding a sign at an intersection. Hilarious.
Post a Comment