Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Glass is Half Full (of boiling water)


It is 6:30 and 113 degrees out. I'll be honest, it's miserable, but I strive to see the positive side of life whenever possible, so as we head into our tenth consecutive day of 110 degree or better weather, I thought it would be good for me to write down all the great things about summertime in Phoenix.


  • Rhodes Frozen Rolls thaw in half the time.

  • Ice cream is never too hard to scoop.

  • Swimming without goose bumps

  • You can justify not showering, combing your hair, or putting on makeup because you are going swimming later. (I used this excuse just yesterday when there was a knock on my door at 11:00 AM and I was still in my pajamas.)

  • The kids actually keep their shoes on (due to the alternative of third degree burns)

  • An afternoon of entertainment need not cost more than a piece of plastic spread out on the lawn. (See photo above.)

  • Flip flops are acceptable foot wear for any situation.

  • The gas bill is the same for a 4 minute shower as it is for a 40 minute one.

  • It is far too dangerous to exercise outside in the heat.

  • No cars with Minnesota license plates doing 27 in a 45 mph zone.

  • For the first time in 8 months none of my kids have a cold.

  • Swimming makes a kid tired like nothing else.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Don't tell anyone how great it is. I don't want the Minnesotans back yet.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

Still not convinced. Get your butt up to Utah ASAP. We are so excited!

Cheryl said...

Wow, I have really had a bad attitude about this place! It's awesome here in the summer. Thanks for changing my attitude :) I'll talk to you in a couple weeks!
xoxo