Sunday, March 14, 2010

Overheard

The older my kids get, the more interesting/entertaining/frightening their comments and thought processes become. Jake's had a few good ones lately. I thought I would share:

On the ride back from skiing, we stopped at Subway in Flagstaff. Jake was the only one of the three kids awake, so we ordered a sandwich for him. He took two bites then fell asleep. No sooner did we pull out of town than did DB wake up hungry. So I broke off all but a small piece of Jake's sandwich and gave it to DB to eat. Jake woke up an hour later and says from the back seat:

"Mom, it's really weird. I ate my ENTIRE sandwich and I am STILL starving."

*******

After flooding our swimming pool sized sandbox with water, creating a giant mud pit that my kids and the neighbor kids were playing in, Jake announces to the participants:

"Everybody just stop what you are doing for a second and enjoy this moment, because when my mom sees this, she's not going to be happy."

*******

We've been reading the illustrated scriptures before bed at night (sometimes) and we were talking about Adam and Eve. We read about how if Adam and Eve didn't decide to leave the Garden of Eden, we wouldn't have been born. So, Jake starts thinking out loud.

"So was it God that created us, but we were born to Eve. Well what the heck does Adam have to do with that? "

Me: "Nothing - scriptures are over, time for bed."

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Hee-larious. All of it.