Speaking of boy kids, I had the privilege of sitting with Jake while we waited for his turn for his baptismal interview during church on Sunday. (Yes, he is turning EIGHT! I'm afraid to blink again. I might find myself at the door of the MTC.) I thought about coaching him a bit on the answers to the possible questions, but resisted the temptation. He spends more waking hours at the Bishop's house than ours most days, so I knew he was in good hands. He is all set and will be baptized on January 23. Come one, come all!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Empty Nest
Well, two mornings a week anyway. Sophie started primary on Sunday and preschool on Monday. It's been quite a monumental week for her, but she didn't seem to notice. It's great to have independent and adaptable children, but sometimes it's hard to not let it hurt your feelings. I found a little home preschool in the neighborhood and at the recommendation of a friend, decided it was time to enroll Sophie. Both the boys went to preschool when they were three. I have held back on Sophie a bit longer- partly because she has quite the social calendar, but maybe because I am having a hard time letting go of my baby. I took Sophie to her first day of the new school this morning. I thought I would come in to help her get comfortable. It was quickly apparent that was cramping her style and that I needed to get gone already. She didn't even respond when I said good bye, and gave not so much as a sideways glance when I walked out the door. When I returned three hours later to pick her up, the the teacher said she was now best friends with her daughter. Sophie had a great time and talked and talked about all the things she did, complete with a laundry list of offenses committed by the "boy kids" in the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment