So I don't think I am that sensitive, but it did get me to wondering if I look old for my age, or maybe it was my crotchety attitude that made her assume it had to be menopause induced. Then that got me to thinking about the different genetic cards that each person gets dealt. I often have wondered if it was something like picking out options on a new house. Yeah I'd like the I can eat everything I want and not gain weight gene please. Oh I'm sorry that is an expensive one. I can grant that, but in exchange I'm afraid you will also be getting the acne, five 0'clock shadow on your legs, and cross-eyed genes. I can see myself pondering for a moment then agreeing to the arrangement.
So back to the aging issue, I blame the fact that I never much had use for sun glasses or sun screen for that matter. I just figured they were an money making scheme. And then you know being cross-eyed ain't no picnic. It causes a lot of squinting which sucks on two fronts: people think you don't like them when really you just trying to get your eyes to focus and it leaves big creases in between your eye brows. I'M NOT ANGRY, JUST CROSS EYED!!!
So I'm not going down with out a fight. I had microdermabrasion last weekend in the hopes that technology had advanced to the point of being able to sand blast a decade or so off my face. Hair color, teeth whitening, 5am work outs are to follow.
In my 40s. Why don't you shove that chart where the sun don't shine lady and no it is not menopause that is making me agitated!! But like I said, I'm not the sensitive type, so it's cool.
2 comments:
You kill me. Just accept it, and wait for the compliments to roll in..."You're 40? Wow! You look great!" I tell people I'm 40 all the time.
I think you could pass for being in your twentys and I have never noticed any cross-eyed looks. My arrangement was long fabulous eye-lashes to match a full beard and mustache. Opposition in all things. I could go on about all of the trades I made in exchange for upgrades all day long. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking.
Post a Comment