So the traveling is all done and that has been a little depressing, especially in this heat. The only thing to look forward to now for them is school starting, (unless you count getting nine warts burned off in DB's case.) I'm trying to spin the school thing in a positive light, but they aren't buying it. Jake's main grievance is that he needs to eat every 45 minutes, and waiting four hours for lunch might kill him. Dylan says that it is too hot outside at school, and he is right. Plus the poor boy has what must be the world's smallest bladder and spends a good portion of his work time trying to flag down a teacher for a potty pass. It's legit too. I should know - he got that from me.
So I have a serious bone to pick with the City of Mesa Parks and Rec Department. What are you doing closing the pool a full two weeks before school starts? It's 116 degrees outside! What am I supposed to do with my kids all day???!! We have lived at Shepherd Pool this summer. Jake is a high dive expert by now and Dylan owns the slide. Sophie knows all female pool-goers from the age of 2-4 and has a built in play group in the zero entry part of the pool. Family members have generously offered up thier pools, but it just isn't the same for the kids.
Since we have been forced by the Parks and Rec jerks to fill our days with alternate activities, we have rediscovered the Mesa Museum of Natural History or the "
Sophie is back in swim lessons with Lani. I'm not sure if it is making a difference in her water safety, but she is sure having fun. It's funny how little kids try to explain things. She woke up at 5:00 am this morning yelling for me. I ran into her room and to find her drowsy but agitated. I asked what was wrong and she said, "The pictures in my eyes are gone. Make them come back."
Apparently a good dream had been interrupted. I hate it when that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment