Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blushing Bride...

I've often mentioned on this blog how much I appreciate and admire Wes' mom, Karla. She is an amazing woman and such an inspiration to me. Despite the challenges she has endured in her life, she has always been a source of optimism, good cheer, and generosity. She never complains (even when she has good reason to) and is consistently happy and fun to be around. After almost 20 years of single life, she found Jim and they tied the knot yesterday in a short ceremony at the home of Jim's daughter. We are so happy for them and wish them all the happiness that they both deserve.
Jim wisely makes his escape from Karla's bachelorette party. (You're welcome Karla, for choosing this picture as opposed to other's I could have selected!) Karla may be a grandma, but don't let her fool you. She knows how to have fun! She was a good sport for dealing with our incessant attempts to embarrass her.
Jake had a big hug for Grandpa Miller. He doesn't get down to Mesa too often, so it was a fun treat to get to see him and Wes' other Joseph City family.
The handsome bride and groom. Doesn't Karla look beautiful? I wish you could see her sassy red heels in this picture. I was so proud of her for not tripping on the winding, wooden staircase. I totally would have. Wes, Christy, Kacee, Karla, Ken, Jim, Cory, Ashley, DB, Sophie, and Jake. (See why I didn't name any of my kids a "K" sounding name?) Good luck taking on this motley crew, Jim. You are a brave man!

Karla's dad, Sara Mae, and all six of her siblings and spouses were able to attend.

Jim's four kids, Rod, Dan, Becky, and Amy, their spouses and Grandma join Karla and Jim. I won't lie. I was inundated with new names and faces and don't have them all sorted out yet. I do know that they are kind and gracious people, without exception and they couldn't have been more welcoming to our family. I look forward to getting to know them better in the future.

Jake and DB had all the fun they needed right here. I was just praying for no broken bones to spoil the festivities. My prayers were answered.
Sophie is pretty sure the world revolves around her and was dismayed to learn that she would not be the focus of this party. We let her wear the princess crown as a consolation prize. The good news for her is that there are tons adorable little Palmer grand kids for her to play with now.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Congratulations to them both. And to you, for surviving a huge event with no meltdowns or injuries. Good Job!