Here's the final wrap up of our journey.
I make fun of Utah, but it simply can't be beat for it's outdoor adventure offerings. This breath taking waterfall is a short drive and a half mile stroll. You turn the corner and there it is. The kids loved playing in the cool stream and feeling the refreshing mist -definitely a highlight.
Our able tour guide, Bruce, with Kate and Sophie look into the rushing water below.
Jake, Sophie, and Dylan perch themselves over the stream. (It's not as dangerous as it looks.) I begged for a decent smile in about 10 different attempts hoping for a Christmas card worthy pose, but this is the best I got - Jake looking constipated, Sophie doing an impression of a puffer fish and DB scrunching is nose. I'm going to leave it to the professionals.
Cute Jake and Kate all ready for church.
Now this is how it is done. Bruce spins his sparklers with so much velocity that his arms disappear. I knew that "fireworks" setting on our camera would come in handy someday. (I hope the rotator cuff surgery you are sure to require now was worth it.)
Cousins Dylan, Jake, Kate, and Sophie pose on Noah's ark.
The kids anxiously await the opening of the shark tank pool.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Road Trip 09 Wrap Up
We crammed a ton of fun into our short Utah visit. The kids played their little hearts out and loved being with the Hatches. I wish we could have stayed longer, but as they say, all good things must come to an end. Bruce and Becca were true to form and gracious in every way, showing us a great time. The kids all fell asleep in the final two hour stretch home and were carried to their beds. Sophie woke up screaming today at 6AM "Noooo, I want to go back to Kiki's house!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment