Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Baby Is Three!

Cute little Sophie moments after birth scans the Cheryl's birthday dinner turned delivery room party crowd. Her timing was lousy, but not surprising considering she still doesn't like to miss a party. I'll never forget the nurses comment,

"Wow, this one looks just like her daddy!"
Fast forward three years to the pink sprinkle cupcake birthday celebration. From the left: Audrey, Lani, Nicole, Sophie, Heidi, Victoria, and Lindsey.
DB performs his big brotherly duties as he caters to Sophie and Lani's every need at her tea party. They were so excited to play with her new set.
Sophie got a surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. She was thrilled with the hand-stitched Dora quilt Grandma Ruth gave her. Dora plus a soft and silky quilt to sleep with equals total bliss.

We pulled out all the low budget stops for Sophie's third birthday! We are still in the birthday grace period where Sophie doesn't know if we spent 20 dollars or 200 on her birthday. All she knows is that she got to hang out with her princess friends, eat all the hot dogs and cupcakes she wanted, and open her new princess toys. (Sidebar: I wish that they had a junior category for that Nathan's hot dog eating contest, because Sophie would win, and I am not even kidding. I had to cut her off at four hot dogs!)

We got out all our plastic pools and slip and slides out from the last two years and turned our backyard into a water park wonderland for princesses. Hot dogs, Kraft Mac and Cheese, and pink sprinkle cupcakes were on the menu. Sophie has a lot of friends, far more than I do. My pride won't let me get her a Facebook account yet, because I am sure she would eclipse me on friends in the first day. But anyway, I can't believe that she is three already. Sophie was born mature though, an old spirit I like to think. Happy birthday to my favorite, sweetest, most lovable princess Sophie! Thanks to all who made her birthday special- you know who you are!

No comments: