Saturday, July 18, 2009
Dog Days: A Photo Gallery
So Boredom Busters is over for the boys and we are left with 25 1/4 days left until school starts up again-not that I am counting. I do love spending leisure time with the kids and I have taken full advantage of the fact that all of my kids can get out of their beds, pour milk over cereal, use the potty, and quietly entertain themselves without my assistance. This of course means that I get to sleep in on occasion, which is delightful. The days are long when the heat is as stifling as it has been lately. My kids are a creative bunch though and have managed to find some fun things to do. Here is a sampling for your viewing pleasure.
Sophie and Lani share a hug. It is not your imagination that Sophie is giant. According to her three year check up, she is in the 90th percentile for height.
Otter Pop, anyone? And are those clouds ever going to amount to any rainfall? Throw us a bone, monsoon.
That is an iguana in case you were wondering. He came to us courtesy of a friend of Grandma Karla. (That is all I will say as to stay in my sweet mother-in-law's good graces.) So this iguana made a surprise visit last night. We brought our plastic play pool in the house and set up an impromptu habitat complete with sand, twigs, shelter, and lettuce. It takes up almost the entire front room, but in exchange Mr. Iguana has provided hours of entertainment. In fact we have yet to leave the house. Thanks, Jim!
Sophie has a sudden interest in baking since she got this awesome apron, hat and cupcake set from Aunt Kacee. She has to have something to do while the boys terrorize the iguana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment