I didn't intend to start a redecorating project last week. It all started when I had a panic attack thinking about what having the boys home 24/7 for the next three months was going to mean to my house and my sanity. Their room has remained essentially unchanged since we moved in five years ago when they were two and one. It was cluttered with all kinds of baby books, clothes, and toys that they have long since outgrown. I knew that if they saw me hauling things out that they would argue about every item being their favorite toy even though they haven't touched it in two years. It started out innocently enough with getting rid of a few things. You wouldn't always guess it by the looks of my house, but I love an uncluttered clean room. I became obsessed and next thing I knew I had cleared out the whole room and was at Home Depot buying paint. We let the boys choose the paint color. I was a little leery of the ASU maroon and gold they requested, but it is their room so we went with it.. well kind of. I couldn't bring myself to do true ASU gold, so we had to subdue that a bit but we are all pleased with the result. They boys now have a big kid room that they aren't embarrassed to show their friends. We are going to move the Wii into there as well to try and give the rest of the house a respite from the noise pollution. I wish I had thought to take a before picture, but you'll have just trust me that it was ugly... Here's the result.
Sophie and DB tempt fate on the top bunk.

DB's cute booty.


The no girls allowed sign remains intact, although Sophie is in direct violation of it constantly.

Eventually we will get some comforters to match.
1 comment:
Looks great! I'm getting the urge to change of few things, but haven't quite got the urge to do any actual work yet. Maybe you can bring your paintbrush this-a-way.
Post a Comment