Saturday, May 9, 2009

Father and Sons Fun


Jake and DB made the most of this year's Father and Son's Outing. First they got to miss a day of school, then they got to go with one of their favorite people and soon to be official Uncle Ken. My boys have a little of their mama in them and have had a luke warm attitude about camping in past years. They were pretty excited to have access to a real bed in a climate controlled trailer with a bathroom, kitchen, and shower this year. They also enjoyed hours of quad riding fun. I hope Ken plans on being a regular on this outing since he has set the bar so high for the boys. Thanks for sharing your toys and making it so much fun for Wes and the boys. We appreciate you!


Sophie and I also managed to have some fun this weekend with the boys gone. She really wanted to go camping and I considered putting a baseball cap on her and sending her, but instead we had our own camp out. Letting her sleep in my bed seemed like a good idea until she kicked me every 20 minutes all night long. It was totally worth it though waking up to her nuzzled next to me saying, "I love you, Mom" in her crackling morning voice. (Don't judge her too harshly because of this photo. In her defense, it was a freaking hot day. She couldn't help it!)

No comments: