Saturday, March 15, 2008

Aloha!











Downtown Phoenix hosted an Aloha Festival today. We took the kids to see the show that our old friend Kap was performing in. They were pretty disinterested, until the fire dance that is. Uncle Burke bought Jake and DB a fake fire twirling stick (for lack of a better way to put it.) They have already begun their training. Now I just have to keep them away from the matches. And as for Sophie, she was sporting the "Pebbles" hairdo today so everyone kept mistaking her hair for also being on fire. But seriously, that Kap can put on a show. For what must be the gazillionth time he used the "Holy Smokes!" line while lighting the torch with the coconut husk. Brings back floods of memories of my summers in Hawaii. I tried to chase Kap after the show to get a picture of of him with the boys, but it turns out he didn't seem to recognize me. I thought for sure I look exactly the same as I did 20 years ago Whatever, not recognizing me! It must be because I'm so skinny now:0

2 comments:

Ellyse said...

Aloha! Whittakers! What better way to start a blog than with DB and Jake fire dancing!
I am nearly positive that Kap thought you looked too skinny and too young to be Christy Hatch! Lets go with that.....
xoxo

Becca Hatch said...

Bruce still talks about Kap and what a good show he puts on. He'll be jealous you saw the fire dance. Sounds like the boys have careers as either dancers or arsonists. Aim high.