Friday, December 23, 2011

Chicken Pock

It's been quite an eventful month for Sophie. She passed the first half of Kindergarten with flying colors, including her first book report, the recitation of two poems in front of the whole class, and the lines in her first play in front of hundreds of onlookers. She also performed in two holiday dance recitals. I'm awfully proud of her accomplishments and wish that I had half the confidence and poise now that she has at age five.
 She performed in a community holiday event at the park.
 It was followed by a snow storm. You pay good money for snow in these parts. I'm sure this is amusing for the majority of folks battling the elements this time of year, but the kids ate it up. (Some of them, literally.)There were some causalities such as a errant snowball in the nether regions for one of my boys. Apparently fake snowballs are not as forgiving on real balls if you catch my drift.
Lani came along to take in the performance. She loves to watch Sophie dance but will not consider doing it herself. She's a girl after my own heart. Somehow Lani managed to get more of my genetics than my actual daughter.
Yes that is a St. Patrick's Day shirt she is wearing for her Christmas play.
Yes those are Dylan's church socks on her feet. (I was out of the running for mother of the year a long time ago, so I don't worry about such things anymore.)

 Hudson came to visit Grandma Ruth for a few days while James and Tiffany were on a cruise. It seems like yesterday that I was mostly unsuccessfully trying to wrestle little DB at church parties and otherwise. It was quite vindicating and amusing for me to see Dylan get to experience what he put me through. He was quite exasperated by the end of the party. Tiffany should consider borrowing him every so often. He's a pretty attentive babysitter.
It's not a church party without a turn on Santa's lap. Here is my only true believer left. According to her, she knows because there are always bites out of the cookies we leave out on Christmas eve. Sounds like irrefutable evidence if you ask me. It may be our last year of having anyone around here believe so I am cherishing it while it lasts.
And why not round out December with a the vaccinated version of Chicken pox. Here is what is left of the one chicken "pock". She's felt pretty punky even with the muted reaction, but I'm sure not regretting getting her that one. It could have been much worse I am sure.

No comments: