This question floats around a lot this time of year. Are you ready? for Christmas; for New Years, for school to be out, for school to be in. Are we really ever ready for anything in life? You just do the best you can, and it comes whether you are "ready " or not. Besides it's not very satisfying to be ready. It leaves nothing else to do but wait. I'm not very virtuous when it comes patience. So Christmas came. 
I got some fabulous homemade presents from school. They are the best kind after all.We decorated the tree, bought some presents, and celebrated our one year anniversary with Coco.
We had an entire candy village that lasted for the whole holiday season mostly thanks to our trusty glue gun and Wes' mad engineering skills.
In an effort to get Sophie off the couch, Santa brought her a bike and scooter. In an effort to keep the boys on the couch for a minute or two they got a Kindle Fire.
So the good news is that the kids are totally entertained long into the morning hours, allowing for some blissful sleep-filled mornings. Once I am up though, this is pretty much how I spend my days. Sophie has yet to fall, but only because I hover beside her endlessly. I recall just shoving Dylan on his bike and that was pretty much it before he was off and riding. It's funny how it's different with a girl. At this point I'm just holding her back. She even said "See ya, mom" at one point. It's kind of a metaphor for the whole process of raising kids, don't you think? Letting go is harder than I thought.
1 comment:
I'm never perfectly ready. I'm either overly ready to the point of being all worked up, or so completely un-ready that I'm again completely worked up. Might I also add, this applies to all circumstance large and small. Could be dinner, could be kindergarten.
Post a Comment