Summer brings on a lot of events for our family. Let's start with Father's Day. Here is the official Father's Day photo for me the kids, and two of the best dads on the planet.
We didn't venture too far this summer, but we did take a little day trip down south to Tucson where my dear friend Laurie had a little surprise party. Wes and Jake stayed behind. They are Sun Devils after all. But really Jake was sick and Wes had to work. It their loss because Dylan and Sophie and I had a blast partying with them at the pool. Laurie is one of those friends that you don't talk to everyday, but that you will always know would be there for you. And if you need an excellent Rheumatologist give her a call, but be prepared to wait several months to see her. She's as a good a doctor as she is friend, and it was fun to see her and her cute daughter again.
Sophie turned five and partied at the pool with the friends who were still left in town and whose moms like to spend two hours in the car. Grandma and Grandpa were great hosts and made my life so much easier because what five year old doesn't love to swim in July.
We can't forget Hudson, who might be the cutest one year old EVER. And his mom knows how to throw a rockin' one year old party with enough gum balls to fill a kiddie pool. And her homemade cupcake frosting is the best, and I cannot tell I lie..I wish I could adopt Hudson. He's a funny little dude with attitude and I am totally entertained by him. I mean look at that face.
And speaking of cute faces, we can't forget the twins and their actual birthday. They are super cute and Sophie and I can't get enough of them. If Soph had her way, we would also adopt them.
Uncle Wes and Grandma are fans as well. We've owned Grandma Karla for awhile now, so we are ready to share!
Cheryl has never complained about sharing a birthday with Sophie and Sophie for sure thinks it cool because she not so secretly wishes Cheryl was her real mom, but I digress. Happy Birthday to my amazing, generous, kind, patient sister who has talked me down from the ledge more times than I can count. I'm a good mom, but who can blame Sophie with that resume? And the event of the summer had to have been the 80th Birthday Luau..and those other two on the right also logged another year on their odometer. We weren't sure if anyone would drive to the eastern most edge of civilization that we know as San Tan Valley, but they kept coming and coming. I don't know how many friends and family made their way to the party of the year, but I do know that a lot of people love these folks. Congrats to Dad on making it to 80 and happy birthday to Mom and Brett!
And this guy hit a little milestone himself this year. I don't know how I ended up with such an old guy but he bravely starred down 40 and won. Thanks to Kacee and Karla for throwing a great "little" party even though it was "no big deal." Wes has given me permission to never celebrate another birthday of his and I can hardly get him to open a gift (definitely not his love language) but luckily his mom and sister still defy his wishes so we all can have a little fun mocking his advanced age.
(These pics are not chronological order because I am hopelessly behind on this little blog I have, like so many other things in my life. Or maybe I'm just intoxicated by all the cake, but I'm just proud of myself that I managed to post something.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for reminding me of all the birthdays in July! Not to mentions both my sisters and best friend. I figure if I am on vacation I am off the hook.
Looks like an incredible summer of fun memories! Katherine asked about Sophie today and we would still like to come down to play some time soon while the memory is still fresh. We'll make it happen. We miss all of you.
Post a Comment