Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby! Baby!

Cory and Ashley's twin girls have arrived! We are so happy for them and my kids are beyond excited to have some new cousins. I hate to steal Ashley's thunder and post pictures on my blog before she does on hers. But let's face it, she's going to be a little busy with the whole feeding, bathing, burping, changing routine that engulfs new moms. I have a feeling the blog will take a back seat for a bit longer.

Every time I have a new baby I've thought about how overwhelming it would be to have more than one little helpless human to care for. I honestly don't know how moms of multiples do it. Ashley is a great mom, and those Whittaker boys were taught how to roll up their sleeves and help out, so I have great trust in their abilities to handle the task at hand. The good news is that both Pepper and Isabelle "Izzy", although small and a bit premature, are home, and from what I understand doing very well. They kept Izzy for a couple extra days to make sure she was putting some weight on her tiny four pound, one ounce frame. It turns out Pepper was taking more than her share of  nutrients from her sister. Sibling rivalry starts young apparently. They both seem to be very mellow babies. As a mom of colicky babies, I'm so happy for that for them. (I love Jake more than life itself, and would do it all over again, but nobody deserves what newborn Jake put us through.) And did I mention how stinking cute these girls are? And also, Ashley is my new hero. Thirty, yes thirty hours of labor to get these girls here, including a breach delivery for the "Baby B" . There should be a special medal for that kind of feat.

So without further ado..here they are in all their cuteness..

Congrats!
(It turns out I left the camera with the pics I took in the van, which Wes has at scout camp all week, so until he returns I have to pilfer mini facebook photos from Cory's page. Apologies. -(Who am I kidding-like they are going to have time to read my stupid blog:)

No comments: