I've got some preschool experience under my belt now that my third is finishing up her last couple months. (It's gone way to fast, but that's a topic for another post.) There is big money in entertaining the five and under set. Moms are a finicky bunch though. You live by word of mouth or you die by word of mouth.. I've done many outings with my kids once and never gone back for a variety of reasons, but mostly entertainment bang for my buck. Two clear winners in my experience have been Peter Piper Pizza and the "Dinosaur Museum" in Mesa. It helps that they offer year round climate controlled entertainment, and in the case of "PPP" as it has become known, everyone gets fed and entertained including me thanks to some good friends who show up on a regular basis. In a bad economy these places have to be on their game to stay open. I know. We just happen to own a preschool related franchise. It is a constant battle to keep it fresh, economical, and appealing to parents and kids alike.
Sophie and Lani's preschool arranged a trip to Superstition Dairy Farm today. Since it is Spring Break, I took Jake, DB, and Ellyse for good measure - in case the little ones decided to revolt on me. I have to say that despite an unseasonably warm day, they all had a great time. My only gripe is that they stopped short of actually showing the cows being milked. I'm sure they had their reasons. But alas, we live in QC, so our chances to view that are plentiful.
I like that the animals were up close and accessible to the kids, unlike most of the animals at a certain zoo in town.
I didn't take long for the boys to find a place to run and jump- a big plus in my book.
These guys are creepy. Seriously stop looking at me. Sorry, I like hamburgers.
Sophie's arms did not grow on backwards despite how it appears in the photo.
Jake and DB feeding the goats and sheep.
Lani was slower to warm up, but eventually agreed to feed the goats.
Sophie is a natural. No pet chickens for us though. I could never go strangle a pet for dinner. I'm a wimp like that. I prefer to believe that meats comes from the store shrink wrapped in plastic. This also why I get an "F" in the preparedness department.
This is the dog I hoped Coco would be. She fetches which is hours of entertainment for the kids and the highlight of the field trip.
The kids were treated to a milk bar with their choice of 10 flavors, then freshly made ice cream to top it off. Good thing since the temp inched past 90 today. (It's a little depressing to think it is still technically winter.) All in all I give this a favorable mom rating in the do it once category, with the caveat that you don't go anytime past April or before November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment