It's rare for me to be able to have a cold weather post, which is probably best because let's be honest, it's hard to make a weather post interesting. But since I have all but abandoned my journal and use this blog as an excuse to not feel bad about it, I'd like to record some thoughts on this cold front that has come through this week.
I think I would be miserable living anywhere but here. I hate and I mean hate being cold. My hands are cold from October to May and I never don't sleep under my blanket. Summer is miserable, but no matter how hot it gets, you can still get places without shoveling. Give me a garage for my car, access to a pool, and A/C everywhere I go and it's nothing more than an occasional inconvenience. It has it's downsides like only having a 5 minute window to get your milk home from the store and second degree burns where you touch the metal parts of the seat belts, but I wouldn't trade it for what I've seen on TV this week in the rest of the country. Of course I long for the awesomeness of Utah summers and the natural green beauty that the desert just can't provide.
So it froze last night. This only happens every few years around here. The temp when the boys left for school was 28 degrees. Don't think for a second that it kept them from wearing shorts. I honestly don't know why I even have winter clothes for them. Even clerks at the store yesterday were making snide remarks about how cold my kids must be in their shorts. Feel their hands, lady before you judge me. They just don't get cold. This is a side effect of spending their lives in a perpetual sprint. Michelle Obama would be so proud.
I went to fill up Coco's water dish before heading out on errands this morning. The hose was filled with frozen water. That's the first time that has ever happen to me. Lucky me, I say. Remind me about this post in July, will ya?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so funny! Geoff is the same way. He HATES the cold, hates, being cold, gets cold way too easily. Katherine, on the hand, can be practically naked all day long and she's fine. Geoff had to pin her down today with her kicking & screaming to get a jacket on her and now I think she wouldn't have even noticed the cold air. Kids are amazing...
Post a Comment