Monday, February 28, 2011

Farewell February

For being the shortest month, February sure has seemed long. Here's a snapshot of some happenings around here... 

You can't have Valentine's Day without sugar cookies, pink frosting, and sprinkles. 
 The biggest news of all is the fact that Mom and Dad moved to the neighborhood. It has been so much fun to have them close and for the grandkids to get reacquainted with them. Sweet Donna came to help with the move and worked tirelessly for three weeks before returning home ..exhausted I'm sure. She has always been a great support to mom and this time was no exception. The kids love "Grandma Donna" and were sad to have her go. We hope she will be able to return permanently soon.  She left her decorative mark on the new house. Things are coming together and feeling like home.
 Sophie must have been paying attention to Donna's decorating, because she took it upon herself to find this plant and one of her old baby blankets to decorate our kitchen table. Not bad.
 One last game, some final words of encouragement, a Dunkin Donut and we are moving on to baseball season.
 I'm not sure what is more disturbing. The fact that a horse head was available in DB's class treasure chest or that he chose it for his reward. Regardless, I wasted no time leaving it on Wes' pillow just remind him who is boss around here. I stopped short of adding some ketchup for effect.
 It's not often that we get to see snow capped mountains around here so it warrants a picture.
 I am taunted daily by this luscious, green weed growing from the sidewalk by our house. Why can I not make a garden grow? We live in former farm land now for Pete's sake.
 Coco's behavior is improving, but she still is taking us for walks instead of the other way around.
 Apparently the sight of snow on the mountains prompted the boys to put on jeans. This might not seem like news, but it is around here.

 I can't fence the boys in anymore. They climb hills like mountain goats and scale walls like Spiderman.
This loan lemon left on our tree is very telling of this month. A hard freeze and some strong winds has taken a toll, but theres always lemonade for now and hope for next spring.

1 comment:

Staci Kramer said...

March is great, but then comes april and before you know it you are back to spying 500 SRP bills and using potholders to drive. This is the beginning of the end…AHHH